Addition & Remodel
of Split Rock II
This is the Lighthouse before any
work had begun. Dubbed “Split Rock
II” it was originally constructed as
a copy of the original Split Rock
Light Station, built in 1910 by the
U.S. Lighthouse Service in Two
Harbors, Minnesota on Lake Superior.
The Lighthouse as it now appears is
barely recognizable from its earlier
incarnation. The original building
and the addition are flawlessly
integrated into a single
esthetically pleasing structure.